- In pre-1925, Constantine James Franke and C.D. Bass started Commercial Electric, specializing in "everything electrical". C.D. Bass eventually sold his share of the business to Constantine, at which time Constantine changed the name of the company to Con J Franke Electric. In addition to running the electrical business, Constantine served as Mayor of Stockton in the 1930s, and was instrumental in building the Port of Stockton.
- In 1946, Bill Frain went to work for Con J Franke as an electrician. After the unfortunate death of Bob Franke (Constantine's Son) at work in 1951, Constantine sold the business to Bill Frain, and Bill's partner Al Massa.
- In 1967, Bill became sole owner of the company and his son Lew Frain was working for Sandia as a design draftsman.
- In 1969, Lew was drafted into the Army. After completing his service in the Army in 1971, Lew went to work for his father Bill. When Lew first started at Con J Franke, the company had one full-time employee and one part-time employee. Lew went on to complete his four year-apprenticeship training program in 1975 and has been working in the office ever since. In 1981, Bill retired and transferred ownership of the business to Lew. Lew served as president of the company until 2007, and currently serves as its vice-president. Lew's involvement and efforts have increased the company revenues and peaked the field staff to over 200 wireman.
- In 2001, Barry Frain came back to work at Con J Franke after working as an Electrical Engineer for Intel in Arizona. Barry helped the business by bringing the design-build services in house. Barry advanced from a Project Manager to President in 2007.
- Today, Con. J. Franke specializes in a broad range of projects from Water / Waste Water Treatment and Industrial facilities to Marina's, Hospitals and Educational facilities.